Cutting edge advice for creators and users
The technology sector is hugely important in Scotland and our team of technology lawyers represent companies at every stage of development - from entrepreneurial start ups and university spin outs with exciting products to consultancies providing technology services to large corporates who are users or resellers of technology products/services.
Businesses operating in the technology sphere encounter many of the same challenges as those in other sectors, however often the nature of your enterprise requires specialist knowledge of the world in which you operate.
You need specialist legal input from advisers who can combine knowledge of advances in the sector with commercial awareness and solution-driven problem solving. The growth and pace of innovation in the technology sector is rapid and the UK continues to be ahead of the game in particular areas. As legislation changes, it is more important than ever to obtain specialist commercial advice.
Our team brings together a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers with specific knowledge of working with clients in the technology sector. We can advise you on all aspects of your business, including: corporate; investment, banking and fundraising; and a full range of business legal services from employment law to intellectual property.
“Working with Harper Macleod was a pleasure due to the fact that they brought a great deal of prior experience to the table. They could take a considered outlook on critical business decisions, as well as providing pragmatic insights to achieve a great result. We enjoy working with an integrated firm that allow us to tap into different specialities that will enhance our business as we grow.”
Thank you for your enquiry. Someone from our team will be in touch with you in due course.
Our specialist team is extremely active in a large number of areas, offering services including:
- Fundraising advice relating to equity investments and bank funding whether that is advising the technology company itself or the private equity or venture capital investor
- Commercial transactions such as outsourcing, large hardware and software procurement exercises and technology supply
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Regulatory issues including data protection and privacy and data security including Freedom of Information issues
- Ecommerce and internet law
- Intellectual property protection such as trade marks and domain names including exploitation and licensing
- Employment advice including incentivisation of employees
More from Harper Macleod
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.