She works with companies throughout their life cycle – from inception of the idea to exit. Whilst she works across all sectors she predominantly advises high growth companies who have strong technology at their core, some examples of this work are:
- advising fintech company Aveni on an investment of £1.1 million to launch a ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence platform which is leading the way in a new era for speech analytics in business;
- advising Yoello on its equity investment. Yoello is a multi-award-winning order and payment platform provider and is aiming to disrupt the existing payment system by utilising open banking legislation to bring merchants and customers closer together;
- advising Beringar Limited, a leading information technology company, on an equity investment from a number of corporate and individual investors;
- advising Continuum Industries, an Edinburgh-based company providing AI tools for engineering professionals to rapidly design linear infrastructure projects and reduce their costs, on a £1.5 million investment deal; and
- advising Incentive Holdings Limited, a company specialising in gamification, as it expands rapidly on a host of matters, including equity investment, unapproved share option arrangements and an EMI share option scheme.
You can review more deals that Jo and her team have been involved in on our corporate dealmakers magazine.
Jo is also at the forefront of the firm’s partnerships with organisations like Entrepreneurial Spark, (including their Space Accelerator) and Scottish Edge. In addition to working with these organisations, she has acted for Entrepreneurial Spark and Scottish Edge on a number of transactions.
"Jo adds a lot of value."
"Jo is very helpful. She knows us and understands our business."
"When you are trying to raise funding it is crucial to surround yourself with excellent lawyers and advisers, and it’s been a pleasure and a delight to work with Paula Skinner, Jo Nisbet and the team at Harper Macleod. In particular, I would advise anyone even considering crowdfunding in Scotland to make a bee-line for Harper Macleod.”
"Both Jo and Gail were diligent, professional and transparent throughout the process and communicated clearly and in layman's terms on any technical matters."
"Professional, friendly service and team. Great communication. I also feel I am informed supported and well advised in all matters strong rapport with Jo and Gail and would highly recommend them and Harper McLeod."
Investment in Scotland booming
Episode 4 of Dragon's Den/The Apprentice
Why the booming Scottish tech scene is attracting record investment
Legal Eagles & the Dragons Den - Why face value is no measure of a good investment
Crowdfunding in Scotland – getting down to business with the professionals
5 things you need to know about Share Options
5 key considerations for businesses seeking investment