Employment Lawyers - specialist legal advice
Our award-winning team of specialist employment solicitors advise on every aspect range of clients - from Government agencies and public sector organisations, to multinational corporations, family-owned businesses and leading third sector employers to individuals and teams – we can help.
We have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness & Lerwick but can help anyone across the UK no matter where you or your employer is based.
We offer legal advice and help to both employers and employees on a wide range of employment matters and disputes.
- Adjusting for disabilities
- Business transfers, TUPE and outsourcing
- Change management:
- Workforce planning including growth
- Handling individual and large-scale redundancies
- Planning and implementing restructuring and reorganisation
- Contractual disputes
- Equal Pay
- Equalities and discrimination
- Family friendly and rights to time-off
- Investigations, complex disciplinary and grievance issues
- Managing long-term and infrequent absences
- Obtaining and resisting interdict & damages claims
- Partnership issues, zero-hour contracts, structuring
volunteer relationships and atypical workers
- Post-merger implementation
- Representation before the ET and EAT
- Resolving employee disputes
- Securing confidential information and intellectual property rights
Tailored contracts and policies
Whistleblowing, health & safety
- Workplace mediation
- Bonus and pay disputes
- Breach of contract
- Complex executive level exits
- Constructive dismissal
- Contract and policy review
- Dispute resolution
- Equal pay
- Gender equality
- Immigration advice
- Settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- Restrictive covenants
- Unfair dismissal
Our employment team
Harper Macleod Employment retainer package
Sign up to our retainer scheme to get the best advice at a reduced rate
Harper Macleod LLP offer a high quality, comprehensive and cost effective tailored service, delivered by a dedicated team of employment solicitors who put our clients’ business needs and commercial interests at the heart of their support and advice.
Some benefits of our retainer package
- Preferred retainer rates
- Policy health checks and reviews
- New policies and procedures as the law develops
- Private training sessions
- Free telephone advice line
- Advice from specialist Solicitors
Settlement agreement advice
Have you been offered a settlement agreement? Don't sign anything until speaking to a solicitor
Being presented with a settlement agreement (formerly known as compromise agreements) by your employer can be unsettling and daunting.
By law there is a legal requirement that a Solicitor reviews and explains the terms of the settlement agreement to you before you have to sign anything. So if you've been offered a settlement agreement by your employer we're happy to provide advice.
We can offer quick turn arounds, complete transparency on fees, specialist advice from employment solicitors and we'll always listen to your needs.
Find our more on our settement agreement page or get in contact now.
More employment services for employers
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
We are one of Scotland's leading, most successful law firms but you don't have to take our word for it. Our performance has consistently been recognised by our peers.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.