Shetland based Employment Solicitors
Being presented with a settlement agreement (formerly known as compromise agreements) by your employer can be unsettling and daunting. Though circumstances vary, you are most likely to receive a settlement agreement when your employer is suggesting bringing the employment to an end.
By law, there is a legal requirement that a Solicitor review and explains the terms of the settlement agreement to you before you have to sign anything. So if you've been offered a settlement agreement by your employer we're happy to provide advice.
Turn around times are often tight for finalising settlement agreements and you may require legal support fast. We can almost always accommodate same-day appointments, including outside normal office hours.
Ewan Stafford will explore any potential claims you may have (such as unfair dismissal, discrimination claims, a right to a redundancy payment, etc) and what you will be forgoing by signing the agreement.
We have a specialist team based across Scotland who can help you no matter where your employer is based. Our Shetland employment solicitors work hard to ensure clients understand their legal rights and remedies before you sign your settlement agreement or compromise agreements.
We have a number of Solicitors who are listed as 'Leaders' in the field by legal directories and accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as Employment Law specialists so you know your in safe hands.
We can provide sound practical advice in a sensitive and confidential manner. When making an important decision that affects you and your family, you need to know that you are in safe hands. Quality is at the heart of what we do.
Get in touch with our Shetland based team now for quick effective settlement agreement advice.
What really impressed me was how quickly it was dealt with, the friendly, professional service I received and how easy he was to get in touch with, direct number straight through to him if I had any concerns or questions. He kept me informed during the whole process either by email or telephone. Needless to say, he organised the Settlement for me and I was very happy with the end result. I would highly recommend Ewan to anyone. - HM Client
Send us details of your circumstances
Make sure you're getting a fair deal, speak to our employment team now. Call us on 01595 695 583 or use the form below to send us your details for a chat about your settlement agreement.
Why use Harper Macleod to review your settlement agreement
- Complete transparency on fees: Most of the time employers will make a contribution to your legal cost (which will cover your fees) however if there is an additional cost we will always be upfront and transparent about our fees and would not do additional work without consulting you.
- Wherever you are based: Employment law is UK wide so we can advise in all settlement agreements whether your employer is based in Scotland or the rest of the UK.
- Near you: As well as Inverness we have four other offices across Scotland so you can come in to meet us at a location near you to discuss your settlement in person. We can also conduct meetings over the phone for you convenience.
- Quick appointments: Including outside normal office hours. We will be able to work within your employers timescales. We are conviently situated at the Cradlehall business park which means that parking is not an issue.
- In safe hands: Ewan Stafford has over 9 years experience in employment law so you know your in safe hands.
- Your opinion counts: When making an important decision that affects you and your family, you need to know that you are in safe hands and that we will always listen to your needs.