Craig is a Partner in the Corporate team where he jointly heads up the firm’s healthcare sector group. He specialises in M&A and corporate restructuring transactions.
He has a particular interest in transactions involving private equity backed buyers and consolidators, regularly acting for buy-side and sell-side clients.
Recent deals include:
- Legal advisor to the owner of the Windhoist Group on the sale of the group to European private equity firm STAR Capital.
- Legal advisor to the Morrison Community Care Group on the sale of Abbotsford House Luxury Suites to Patron Capital backed, boutique care home operator, Hamberley Care Homes.
- Acting for the Synova Capital backed Clyde Munro Dental Group on its Scotland wide acquisition programme.
- Acting for the Dickson Chemist Group on the acquisitions of the Hand Pharmacy Group and Leslie Chemist Group.
- Legal advisor to care home operators under a Glasgow City Council pilot scheme aimed at making operators more resilient and competitive
- Acting for Ronnie Williamson on the sale of the Gate Healthcare group involving 3 care homes with a combined capacity for 140 residents
- Advising Carechoice Ltd on the sale of its portfolio of four care homes and a children’s nursery across central Scotland with a combined capacity for 150 residents
"Can I say a particular thanks to Craig Ramsay who I thought conducted himself immensely throughout the transaction and was commercial yet sensible at all times"
"I hadn’t appreciated just how detailed and protracted a deal of this nature could be. However, the team at Harper Macleod gave me great confidence that my best interests were always to the fore when advising me throughout the negotiations. This was the most important financial event of my life, and I know I chose the best legal team for the job."
"Hi Craig – a personal thanks from me regarding your input / work. You turned things round very quickly, to a high standard, taking a commercial approach and well-articulated on the calls / meetings."
"We have recently used Harper Macleod to complete two acquisitions of 4 pharmacies. These are very complicated transactions with large amounts of due diligence required, and of very high value. There are always inherent risks with these sort of transactions, namely purchasing of a limited company - rather than an asset sale. The experience, particularly the communication and attitude of their staff has been excellent throughout both transactions. Neither transaction went exactly to plan but Harper MacLeod were always the first to be on the case and finding a solution to a complex problem. I would not hesitate to recommend them to other businesses owners in a similar situation."