Jo specialises in high growth companies and investment arrangements. Working with investors and entrepreneurs she has particular skill advising on incorporation, share options, angel finance, crowdfunding, venture capital financing and exit. She works extensively with Scottish companies throughout their life cycle - from inception of the idea to exit. Jo plays a key role with the firm’s support of Entrepreneurial Spark and Scottish EDGE.
Jo's recent deals include acting for:
- Clear Returns Limited, a multi award winning predictive analytics consultancy software business, from start up in 2012 on all aspects of its growth including several rounds of investment;
- Neatebox Limited, a company developing proximity aware hardware and software for signal boxes at pedestrian crosses, in relation to getting it investor ready and its two subsequent investment rounds;
- Flexiworkforce Limited, a flexible workforce recruitment, staff, management and employment business, on its first round investment of £150,000 and second round of investment of £225,000;
- Epidarex Capital, a life sciences venture capital fund, on its £2 million investment into Heriot-Watt University spin out Clyde Biosciences Limited and its £3.1 million investment in Aberdeen University spin-out Sirakoss Limited;
- angel syndicates EOS Syndicate Management and Kelvin Capital on the investment of £520,000 into Chromacity Limited – a Heriot-Watt University spin out company which makes lasers for the life-sciences industry and spectroscopy market; and
- Growler Beers Limited and Bellfield Brewery Limited on their respective successful crowdfunding campaigns of £100,000 and £150,000.
Qualifications: BA (Hons); LLB Dip LP
Joined the firm: 2012