Getting Scotland Moving – the inside track on Moray's property market
Karen Logan is the Property Manager at Harper Macleod’s Estate Agency in Elgin. With more than 20 years’ experience she and her team provide a comprehensive service to those looking to sell their property. Here, Karen looks at the current market across Moray.
Activity and trends
Although Covid restrictions are still on place, the property market remains buoyant with properties getting snapped up as soon as they come onto the market. Very often, closing dates for offers are having to be set as demand is outstripping supply. It’s an excellent time to put your property on the market.
Dealing with Covid
Sellers and buyers are coping well with viewings and the preference is still that they actually visit the property to view rather than a virtual viewing. We do however provide a video walkthrough tour in the event that a viewer cannot travel to view.
Like our colleagues in the Highlands and Shetland, we are seeing buyers from south of the Border moving up to Moray, and also those from inner city areas of Scotland to country or village locations. We are also seeing First Time Buyers who are able to take advantage of the Government’s First Home Fund.
Top tips for selling
Do a bit of work to ensure that the property is in as good condition as possible, particularly if any ‘issue’ is something that may show up in a Home Report.
Ready to make a move?
We’re here to help get you moving,.
We have a great fixed price package of £995 to sell your home, which includes:
- No hidden costs or surprises – we will not charge commission
- Exceptional digital marketing – including signage and photography
- Listings on Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location
- Friendly, local experts driven to get the very best prices for your home
- Free home valuations
- A tailored accompanied viewing package is available to suit requirements
* Fixed fee available when you instruct Harper Macleod to carry out the conveyancing for your property. Applies to residential house sales only.
Visit our Estate Agency website to view our property listings and to see full details of our fixed fee packages to sell your home
Call us for free on 0330 912 0294 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.