Andrew advises clients, predominantly in the retail and franchising sectors, on a wide range of commercial matters, business structures and franchise operations.
Andrew has significant experience in:
- Drafting UK and International Franchise Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating Licence Agreements.
- Advising on the purchase and sale of existing franchised business.
- Reviewing and reporting on franchise documentation.
- Providing advice on expanding internationally through franchising and licensing.
- Assisting with Dispute Avoidance and Resolution in franchise networks.
- Drafting ancillary commercial documentation including Confidentiality Agreements, Deposit Agreements, Side Letters, Release Agreements and Trade Mark Licences.
Recent work highlights include:
- Secondment to the role of Brand Protection Legal Manager at Glasgow 2014 Limited (The organisers of the XX Commonwealth Games).
- Advising a well known UK convenience food retailer on their worldwide expansion through franchising.
- Advising a Canadian based Franchisor on their entry into the UK market.
- Assisting a specialist digital media company with their international roll-out through the GCC States.
- Assisting a professional football team with a variety of brand protection matters.
Prior to joining Harper Macleod, Andrew was a Franchise Consultant helping businesses to grow through franchising; existing franchisors to improve and expand their networks; and working with large retailers to franchise internationally. He has worked with a wide range of clients from sole traders to global companies, including Ralph Lauren, Esprit and American Eagle Outfitters.
Andrew was shortlisted for ‘Up and Coming Lawyer of the Year’ at the Law Awards of Scotland 2014.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Joined the firm: 2012