Harper Macleod welcomes Franchi Law
Franchi Law is now part of Harper Macleod
Harper Macleod LLP has acquired Franchi Law LLP, a Glasgow-based law firm which specialises in commercial property, private client and residential property law. Franchi Law has been providing clients with high quality advice for more than 20 years.
Franchi Law is led by two partners – Leandro Franchi and Peter Jack. With more than two decades of experience in private practice, their extensive experience brings immense value to Harper Macleod’s property team.
Our relationship with Franchi Law is deeply rooted in mutual respect and collaboration. As members of the HM Connect family since 2009, this acquisition marks a significant milestone in our longstanding relationship.
The arrival of Franchi Law to Harper Macleod strengthens our growing expertise in important areas for our business. This acquisition underlines our commitment to enhancing our service offering and ensuring our clients have access to the best legal expertise in Scotland.
Franchi Law clients will still get the same high-quality advice, backed up with the breadth and depth of a national law firm.
Meet the Franchi Law partners:
- Leandro Franchi: With a stellar legal career spanning more than 25 years, Leandro’s expertise encompasses property law, Wills, executries and unique proficiency in Italian legal matters. He has endeared himself to the Italian community in the west of Scotland and further afield, receiving prestigious accolades such as ‘Cavaliere’ in 2000 and the honour of ‘Ufficiale’ in 2012 by the Italian State. He’s not only a respected figure in the legal world but has also showcased his commitment to society by serving as a Development Board Member for Marie Curie until December 2017.
- Peter Jack: Bringing in more than three decades of experience, Peter qualified as a solicitor in 1987. His expertise is in commercial property, leasing, Wills and estates, offering seasoned advice and efficient legal services to clients from diverse sectors.
Franchi Law Services & Expertise
- Legal support for property transactions: assisting with property contract agreements, title reporting and securing mortgage funds.
- Buying and selling a business: guidance on legal aspects for different business types including sole trading, partnerships and limited companies. Expertise in legalities of new business startups.
- Commercial leases: experience in commercial leasing covering topics such as lease duration and rent reviews for both landlords and tenants.
- Commercial property: advisory services for retail and industrial properties on issues such as VAT, lease terms and title conditions. Advice for both lenders and borrowers in secured loan transactions.
- Power of Attorney: representation of personal interests in situations where one cannot represent oneself.
- Wills and executries:
- Wills: assistance in drafting Wills, including planning for inheritance tax and ensuring asset distribution and funeral arrangements are as per one’s wishes.
- Executries: support in handling legal matters and paperwork after a family member’s death, including inheritance tax concerns.
Leandro Franchi, who is fluent in Italian, has more than 20 years’ of experience advising clients on property ownership and succession law in Italy. Leandro can put you in touch with reputable lawyers and surveyors in Italy to handle any legal transactions and can liaise with them on your behalf.
With an increasing number of families owning properties in both Scotland and Italy, we extend guidance on drafting Wills, alongside offering counsel on ‘domicile’ aspects which influence inheritance tax regulations in the UK.
Given our familiarity with the legal frameworks of both nations, we are uniquely positioned to advise on estate settlements in both territories.
Furthermore, we deliver an efficient and cost-effective service to produce essential Italian legal documentation needed for land and other related transactions in Italy.
Call us for free on 0330 912 0261 or complete our online form below to submit your enquiry or arrange a call back.