Learning and development is a cornerstone of our business and plays a vital role as our team continues to grow team. We are looking for a Learning and Development Manager to join our Management Team, reporting to our HR Director.
You will use your skills and expertise to help us shape operational improvements by designing and delivering learning opportunities. You will have responsibility for planning, designing and implementing firm-wide training as you lead and embed a culture of learning and support our colleagues to be the best they can be for our clients, our communities, and each other.
- Plan and manage the design, delivery and evaluation of learning and development for all including our apprentices, graduates, lawyers and business support colleagues
- Engage with graduates throughout their traineeships, supporting their professional development and performance management
- Lead the firm’s Induction Programme
- Management of our Learning and Development team
- Providing expertise on industry and CPD requirements
- Manage the Learning and Development budget
- Plan learning and development in the most effective and efficient way including face-to-face and virtual environments
- Work in partnership with external training providers
- Ensure the firm meets its compliance, audit and regulatory requirements
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting on Learning and Development activity
- Support change initiatives
- Ad-hoc projects
You will be able to work proactively, independently and collaboratively as part of a team. You will have a flexible and positive approach and be adaptable to change. You will have the ability to convince, persuade, influence or impress others towards a point of view, working with others to gain agreement to a course of action, idea or future vision. You will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail, be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively. This role will require you to liaise with internal and external stakeholders (including clients and regulators). You will work closely with Business Services colleagues such as HR, IT, Operations and Risk & Compliance in supporting the achievement of firm-wide goals
- Experience in a Learning and Development role
- Experience of using a wide range of systems including an excellent knowledge of Microsoft programmes
- Articulate and confident communicator (all levels)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to plan, inspire and motivate others
- Integrity and professionalism: able to act as an ambassador for learning, company values and culture internally
Preferred (but not essential) skills
- Experience of working within professional services
- Relevant qualification(s)
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
Let your ambitions and ours go hand in hand
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your colleagues. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
Harper Macleod’s culture is the sum of the actions of the people who make up our business – it’s built around taking calculated risks and pushing for innovative solutions.
You know that doing things the right way is always the best way – the right things for clients, colleagues and our communities. We will never compromise on this.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2022. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, active colleague engagement, social, wellbeing, sustainability and CSR programmes and the opportunity to develop your career.
times Scottish Law firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.