Harper Macleod LLP ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Harper Macleod, The Ca'd'oro, 45 Gordon Street Glasgow G1 3PE.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.harpermacleod.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, click tracking, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- The correspondence you provide if you contact us.
- Information that you provide in response to any surveys which we provide to you for research purposes.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our site.
3. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system and business administration and for usage monitoring. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
|YouTube cookies||We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube's embedding videos information page.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with information, products or services. By providing us with your address, fax number, telephone numbers or e-mail address, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
We may keep your personal information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
6. Disclosure of your information
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites operated by third parties. These are provided for your information and convenience only.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9. Third Party Personal Information
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal information will be processed.
10. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of ?10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Operations Director at the above address.