Employment Lawyers in Scotland
Legal help for Employers and Employees
Our award-winning team of specialist employment lawyers in Scotland advise on every aspect of employment law for the widest range of clients - from government, government agencies and public sector organisations, to multinational corporations, family-owned businesses and leading third sector employers. We also advise individuals, tailoring our services to meet the client's needs.
Our focussed, pragmatic and solution driven legal advice will assist no matter the nature of the employment matter or dispute.
- Adjusting for disabilities
- Business transfers, TUPE and outsourcing
- Change management
- Contractual dispute
- Equal Pay
- Equalities and discrimination
- Family-friendly and rights to time-off
- Handling individual and large-scale redundancies
- Investigations, complex disciplinary and grievance issues
- Managing long-term and infrequent absences
- Obtaining and resisting interdict & damages claims
- Partnership issues, zero-hour contracts, structuring
volunteer relationships and atypical workers
- Planning and implementing restructuring and reorganisation
- Post-merger implementation
- Representation before the ET and EAT
- Resolving employee disputes
- Securing confidential information and intellectual property rights
Tailored contracts and policies
Whistleblowing, health & safety
- Workplace mediation
- Workforce planning including growth
- Bonus and pay disputes
- Breach of contract
- Complex executive level exits
- Constructive dismissal
- Contract and policy review
- Dispute resolution
- Equal pay
- Gender equality
- Immigration advice
- Settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- Restrictive covenants
- Unfair dismissal
Settlement agreement advice for employees
Have you been offered a settlement agreement? Don't sign anything until speaking to a solicitor
Being presented with a settlement agreement (formerly known as compromise agreements) by your employer can be unsettling and daunting.
By law there is a legal requirement that a Solicitor reviews and explains the terms of the settlement agreement to you before you have to sign anything. So if you've been offered a settlement agreement by your employer we're happy to provide advice.
We can offer quick turn arounds, complete transparency on fees, specialist advice from employment solicitors and we'll always listen to your needs.
Key contacts - get in touch
Harper Macleod employment lawyers retainer package
Sign up to our retainer scheme to get the best advice at a reduced rate
Harper Macleod LLP offer a high quality, comprehensive and cost effective tailored service, delivered by a dedicated team of employment solicitors who put our clients’ business needs and commercial interests at the heart of their support and advice.
Some benefits of our retainer package
- Preferred retainer rates
- Policy health checks and reviews
- New policies and procedures as the law develops
- Private training sessions
- Free telephone advice line
- Advice from specialist Solicitors
Call us for free on 0330 159 5555 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.