For a free confidential chat, call our Family team in the Highlands

Legal advice on all aspects of same-sex relationships including Civil Partnerships and Same-Sex Marriages

Civil Partnership Same Sex MarriageWhether you're thinking of living together with your partner, formalising your relationship through a Civil Partnership or Marriage, or ending your relationship through Dissolution or Divorce, our experienced Family Team of lawyers based in Inverness are able to assist you throughout the Highlands, including Thurso, Caithness, Moray, Nairn, Ross-shire, Skye, Stornoway, Sutherland and Orkney.

Our Family Team advises individuals on all aspects of law relating to same-sex relationships including: Civil Partnerships; Same-Sex Marriages; Cohabitation; Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements; Dissolution, Divorce and the breakdown of relationships; and issues relating to children, including Surrogacy and Assisted Reproduction.

Civil partnerships and Same-Sex Marriages are a method of legally formalising same-sex relationships by way of a binding commitment. Though similar to marriage, in the (hopefully unlikely) event of a separation, Civil Partners or same sex spouses will need to obtain dissolution of a Civil Partnership or a Divorce for a same sex marriage. Before dissolution of a civil partnership or the divorce of a same-sex marriage, it is necessary for the financial aspects of the separation and arrangements for any children under the age of sixteen to be either agreed between the parties or determined by a court.

For a free initial discussion on how we can help you with same-sex relationship matters, including Civil Partnerships and Same-Sex Marriages, call our Inverness team of lawyers on 01463 795 035.

Frequently Asked Questions about Civil Partnership and Same-Sex Marriage