Stephen has a wide range of experience in corporate and corporate finance work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, private equity, joint ventures and public offerings. He has been recommended by Legal 500 2016 and has been described as "detailed-oriented and focused" and "very commercial". Stephen is the Legal Secretary to the Edinburgh Comedy Awards and also previously acted as Company Secretary to two PLCs.
Examples of his experience include:
- Advising individuals in the sale of the entire issued share capital of Contact Advantage Limited, a leading CRM software company, to a US competitor.
- Advising Thistle Pub Company II plc on its pub portfolio sale to various purchasers.
- Acting on the sale of Water Coolers (Scotland) Limited, a major supplier of water coolers in Scotland, in its sale to Eden Springs.
- Acting on the sale of Badaboom Limited, a brand and marketing company, to Tennents.
- Advising Scotgold Resources, the Scotland-focused gold miner, on the admission of its depositary interests onto AIM.
Stephen also specialises on all different forms of partnership law. In particular he has been involved in the use of Scottish limited partnerships as investment vehicles and has, to date, advised on the establishment of over 30 limited partnerships, primarily to be used as property investment vehicles. He is also currently writing "Practical Guide to Partnership Law in Scotland" to be published by Thomson Reuters.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Joined the firm: 2014