Stephen has a wide range of experience in corporate and corporate finance work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, joint ventures and public offerings. He has been recommended by Legal 500 in its 2011, 2012 and 2016 editions and has been described as "detailed-oriented and focused" and "very commercial".
Examples of his experience include:
- Advising individuals in the sale of the entire issued share capital of Comcat Engineering Limited to its competitor JLA Group.
- Advising individuals in the sale of the entire issued share capital of Contact Advantage Limited to a US competitor.
- Advising Thistle Pub Company II plc on its portfolio asset sale to various purchasers.
- Advising Crookie Limited, a property holding vehicle, on its various share transfers and subsequent assignation of interests in a property holding vehicle structured as an LLP.
- Acting for WCS Holdings Limited group in its complex demerger to split its water cooler and water bottling business into two separate groups.
Stephen also specialises on all different forms of partnership law. In particular he has been involved in the use of Scottish limited partnerships as investment vehicles and has, to date, advised on the establishment of nearly 30 limited partnerships, primarily to be used as property investment vehicles. He is also currently writing "Practical Guide to Partnership Law in Scotland" to be published by Thomson Reuters.
Stephen also acts as Company Secretary to Thistle Pub Company III plc and is the Legal Secretary to the Edinburgh Comedy Awards.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Joined the firm: 2014