Louise specialises in advising start-ups and high growth businesses, with specific experience relating to investment. She works extensively with earlier stage Scottish companies and takes a lead role in supporting Entrepreneurial Spark, running legal clinics in the Glasgow hatchery. Louise is also the main point of contact with Scottish EDGE businesses and advises Scottish EDGE itself on a range of legal matters. She advises companies from pre-incorporation, through the various investment rounds until exit. Working with many early stage high growth companies, she is experienced in getting companies 'investor ready'.
Prior to joining Harper Macleod, Louise worked as a project manager within a large renewable energy consultancy, providing planning and commercial advice to a number of large energy providers.
Louise's recent deals include acting for:
- acting for Rocksevents Limited, the company which organises the Dumfries based Electric Fields music festival, in relation to their recent investment;
- acting for Maven Capital Partners UK LLP in its capacity as Fund Manager for the Scottish Loan Fund in relation to a funding package of £700k into Execspace Limited, an Edinburgh based business focussed on providing accommodation and event space bookings for corporate clients;
- advising Find a Player Ltd, a company which has designed a multi-platform app making it easier to find players and organise sports activities on its equity crowdfund, where it raised over £149,000 through the Seedrs crowdfunding platform, £110,000 of which was raise in 48 hours;
- acting for Murdoch Allan & Son Limited, an Aberdeenshire based bakery business on its recent acquisition of Thain’s Bakery Limited;
- advising Chop Chop U.K. Holdings Ltd, a Chinese restaurant concept business in relation to its second round of investment in order to allow it to develop its expansion plans; and
- acting for Upper Pitforthie Plc in relation to its raising of £2.175 million (£1 million of which was raised within the first 24 hours) through the lending based crowdfunding platform, Abundance Investment. This funding was to fund the development of a single wind turbine project in Aberdeenshire.
Qualifications: LLB Dip LP
Qualified: September 2015
Joined the firm: September 2013