Lamia works in our Corporate Team where she primarily advises family owned and owner managed businesses in relation to a variety of corporate matters including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and group reorganisations.
Recent deals include:
- Assisting with the sale of accountancy business Scott-Moncrieff to Baldwins, part of the Cogital Group.
- Assisting in relation to the sale of wind turbine installation business Windhoist Group to European fund manager STAR Capital. (https://www.insider.co.uk/news/wind-turbine-installer-sold-european-19574641)
- Advising in relation to the acquisition of shares from the liquidator of a joint venture company.
- Acting for various clients on group reorganisation projects including share exchanges, demergers, share buy backs and capital reductions (most recently acting for a high net worth individual in respect of a £60m capital reduction demerger).
- Assisting with the sale of cladding manufacturer MSP Scotland to Vivalda Group, the UK's largest independent distributor of façades systems. (https://www.insider.co.uk/news/specialist-cladding-maker-taken-over-18799494)
- Advising generally on shareholder arrangements and drafting documentation in respect of shareholder agreements and bespoke articles of association.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Joined the firm: 2017