Fiona is a solicitor in our Corporate team and specialises in advising family-owned and owner-managed businesses, dealing with the full spectrum of corporate work including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, the implementation of shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, joint ventures, reductions of share capital, share buybacks, employee incentive schemes, group restructuring exercises and corporate advice specific to succession planning.
Recent deals include:
- Advising a number of clients in the marine and aquaculture sector on a range of matters including in relation to acquisitions and disposals, mergers, and joint ventures;
- Forming part of the team advising several owners of veterinary practices in relation to the sale of their businesses to a consolidator of nationwide veterinary surgeries;
- Acting for a family-owned company in the retail sector on a range of matters including in relation to succession planning and the introduction of new shareholders;
- Advising a vendor on the sale of the business and assets of a successful dental practice; and
- Forming part of the team advising an owner managed business on the introduction of an EMI Scheme.
Fiona advises a number of Scottish sports governing bodies on a variety of incorporation, constitutional and corporate governance matters.
Qualifications: BA (Hons) LLB Dip LP NP
Joined the firm: 2015