Craig specialises in advising family-owned businesses, owner-managed businesses and employee-owned businesses as well as business owners in relation to a variety of transactions including the implementation of shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, share buy backs, reductions of share capital, management buy outs, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
Craig is also involved through the firm's relationship with sportscotland in advising a significant number of sports governing bodies in Scotland on incorporation, constitutional and corporate governance matters. Craig is also involved with a number of Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in Scotland, including the provision of advice to the national body for BIDs in Scotland.
Recent deals include:
- Acting for a family-owned group of companies in the oil & gas supply chain industries on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions and disposals;
- Acting for a family-owned freight management group of companies on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions and disposals;
- Acting for the family-owned group of companies in the food production sector on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions and disposals;
- Acting for the owners of an oil and gas supply chain business in the retirement sale of its business and assets to the UK subsidiary of a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange; and
- Acting for several owners of veterinary practices in relation to the sale of their businesses to a consolidator of nationwide veterinary surgeries.
Craig is, together with Paula Skinner, a co-ordinating tutor on the Company Law elective course which forms part of the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice at the Centre for Professional Legal Studies at the University of Strathclyde.
Craig was nominated and shortlisted for the "Up and Coming Lawyer of the Year" award at The Law Awards of Scotland 2011.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Joined the firm: 2005