Amy specialises in advising family owned businesses and owner-managed businesses, and has experience in advising business owners in relation to a variety of corporate and commercial work including acquisitions and disposals, and shareholder and partnership arrangements, on a wide range of transactions.
Recent deals include:
- part of the team that advised a family-owned group of companies in the oil & gas supply chain industries on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions and disposals;
- part of the team that advised a family-owned group of companies in the food production sector on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions and disposals;
- acting for the vendor on the sale of an fuel distribution company to a nationwide competitor;
- acting for the vendor on the sale of a company which provides equipment and other services within the oil industry; and
- part of the team that advised the vendor on the sale of two retail franchises.
Amy is fluent in Spanish having studied Law (LLB) with a Modern Language at the University of Strathclyde & recently picked up a joint 'Highly Commended Rising Star of the Year' at the Scottish Legal Awards. The Legal 500 lists Amy as a "Recommended Lawyer" in Corporate & Commercial.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Joined the firm: 2013