Procurement for the public sector
Advice on strategy, compliance & challenges
We provide a full range of strategic and compliance advice to public sector organisations in relation to public procurement matters.
Our procurement advice to our many public sector clients includes advice on:
- development of procurement business case and strategy
- drafting of tender documentation
- development of evaluation methodology and related selection and award criteria
- evaluation of tenders
- contract award and standstill procedures
- debriefing of unsuccessful bidders
- dealing with formal and informal challenges to award decisions.
We also advise on related issues such as the TUPE issues associated with procurement of public services contracts and the application of competition law.
We have advised on some of the most high-profile public procurements to take place in Scotland, including the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and the Scottish Government’s £140m project to bring next generation broadband to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
As sole legal advisers to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, we advised on the procurement of a contracts with an aggregate value in excess of £450m. We were responsible for formulating and implementing procurement and contracting strategies for many of the most complex and high-profile Games contracts.