Housing providers for the public sector
Coronavirus advice for Public Sector
Leading advisers to Scotland's housing providers
Our Housing Team provides specialist advice to housing providers – whether registered social landlords, local authorities or private developers and investors - on every aspect of their business.
As Scotland’s largest law firm with a specialist housing practice, our multi-disciplinary team of lawyers provides the regulatory, governance, commercial and property advice to meet all of your needs.
We have become trusted advisers to some of the UK’s largest housing providers by delivering innovative, practical and commercial solutions.
We work with a diverse range of organisations and businesses across the public and private sector, including: Scottish Government; local authorities; registered social landlords; joint venture bodies; private sector developers; and urban and community regeneration vehicles
We act for more than 84 Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) ranging from the largest in the country to smaller community-based organisations. Collectively they own or manage more than 75% of the entire RSL housing stock in Scotland, and cover all areas of the country from Shetland and the Western Isles to Scottish Borders and Dumfries and Galloway.
Our lawyers have also acted in every completed Scottish housing stock transfer this millennium.
We act for more than 84 registered social landlords (RSLs) ranging from the largest in the country to community-based organisations – collectively they own or manage more than 75% of the entire RSL housing stock in Scotland. We are independently ranked in the top tier for Social Housing in Chambers UK.
Our team has been involved in many of the most innovative developments in the housing sector in recent years. We can find you a solution on areas including:
- Banking and housing finance, including new funding structures.
- Constitutional partnerships and group structures
- Governance and policy development
- Housing management and anti-social behaviour
- Joint working and shared services initiatives
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Management, acquisition and disposal of housing portfolios
- New housing development models
- Renewable energy projects
- Shared equity and consumer credit
- Shared equity schemes -including LIFT and Help to Buy (Scotland).
The 19th edition of the National Housing Conference played an important part in setting out the role of social housing in the country's transition from the social and economic impacts of the pandemic. All content from the week-long event is available on-demand including recordings of the live roundtable sessions.
Call us for free on 0330 159 5555 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.
Meet the housing team
Related Business services
- Business law & contracts
- Entrepreneurs, growth & investment
- Banking & finance
- Construction & engineering
- Infrastructure & projects
- Renewable projects
- Public sector
- Charities & social enterprise
- Information law
- Debt recovery
- Employment law for employers
- Dispute resolution
- EU, regulatory & procurement