Finding the right solutions
Our employment law team has extensive experience of advising a broad range of public sector clients on employment law and HR matters, including local authorities, ALEOs, higher and further education institutions, NDPBs and central government departments.
Our team specialises exclusively in employment law and has a keen awareness of the particular context in which public employers operate. We have developed expertise in the area of industrial relations, including collective bargaining, contractual issues arising from collective agreements, industrial action issues, as well as equal pay and holiday pay. We additionally have familiarity with the types of contractual arrangements that are prevalent in different public sector employers.
Our specialist employment lawyers cover all of Scotland, our offices being permanently based in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness.
Our team acts for a broad range of clients, including Government agencies and other public sector organisations.
Call us for free on 0330 159 5555 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.
Why choose Harper Macleod?
- Strong track record of success
- Independent accreditations and recognitions
- Friendly pragmatic approach with a ‘colleague down the corridor’ feel
- Competitive rates and fixed fee arrangements
- Wide ranging experience in the Scottish public sector (and beyond)
We also offer a bespoke training programmes for clients.
Our bespoke training programs allow HR, executives, managers and employees alike to upskill or refresh their understanding of a variety of areas of employment law and HR practice including:-
- Recruitment pitfalls and getting it right;
- Assessing evidence, weighing it up and making impenetrable decisions
- A fair workplace and the rules on pay, hours and holidays
- Compliance with and promotion of equal opportunities and discrimination law
- Managing and reducing absence and short or long term illnesses
- Disability discrimination problems
- Appeals – reviews, re-hearings, fairness and mitigating risk
This team is able to provide “balanced and commercial” employment law support. A mix of public and private sector organisations continue to rely on the firm for tribunal representation, as well as for advice on restructuring and TUPE issues.Chambers UK
More from Harper Macleod
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.