Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Claims
- Free Legal Advice & No Upfront Costs
- We Fight For Justice To Maximise Your Compensation
- Support, Medical Care & Help For You & Your Family
- Our Specialists Know How Insurers Work
- Claim For Personal Injury - No Win No Fee Claims
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Claims Scotland
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a long term respiratory illness and is a major cause of disability and death, globally. It is the 4th leading cause of death worldwide.
The two main conditions that fall within the COPD group are :-
- Emphysema - a long term, progressive disease that affects the lungs and of which there is currently no cure.
- Chronic Bronchitis - a long term, often irreversible, respiratory illness that affects the bronchial tubes.
COPD is linked with smoking but also the prolonged exposure to chemicals, dust and fumes.
Workplace exposures likely to contribute to COPD include various dusts (including, coal, grain, and silica) as well as certain fumes and chemicals (including welding fume, isocyanates, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons).
Statistics suggest that 15% of COPD cases can be linked back to workplace exposure. This accounts to around 4,000 COPD deaths per year.
If you are suffering with any of the above conditions, it is likely that you will be experiencing symptoms of breathlessness and chest tightness which is due to a lack of oxygen reaching the lungs. Other symptoms include a chesty cough, wheezing and frequent, troublesome chest infections.
Get in touch with our COPD claims team
Speak to one of our specialist team for a free initial consultation. We cover the whole of Scotland and have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Thurso & Lerwick but can deal with your claim no matter where you are based.
- Call us on 0800 904 7777
- Email us [email protected]
- Text claim to 80160 and someone will call you back
- Fill out a claims form below
- Book an appointment
We will be able to give you an indication of the potential value of your claim.
The following professions are linked with a possible increased chance of contracting COPD:-
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a disease disease linked to your workplace, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Brick making
- Coal Mining
- Dock workers
- Flour and grain workers in the food industry
- Foundry workers
- Petroleum workers
- Pottery/ceramic workers
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.