Accident at Work Claims Solicitors

  • Get the help & results you deserve
  • No Win No Fee Claims
  • Securing over £20m for our clients in the last 18 months
  • 9/10 customers would recommend & use us again
  • Free Initial Consultation

Call or enquire online to get Legal Advice on your Accident at Work

Send us details

Have I got a compensation claim against my employer?

No-one chooses to be involved in an accident at work but you can choose your law firm. If you have had an accident you may be able to make a claim against your employer.

Your employer has a duty to take reasonable care of your health and safety during your working hours, this includes working in areas out with their premises.

Your employer is also responsible for the acts or failures of your fellow employees during the course of their employment, should that result in an accident in the workplace. 

If your employer has breached any of their duties, and as a result you were injured, then you may have a claim.

Being injured, or having accident at work, can have a serious impact on those involved and their families.

How to claim for an Accident at Work?

Our specialist accident at work lawyers will intimate the details of your claim as quickly as possible after the accident has happened. The details of the accident and injury will be sent to the party who is at fault and/or their insurance company.

Some insurers will often to try settle your injury claim directly with you and this can mean that you can receive less compensation than you should. If we represent you we will advise you appropriately should this happen.

We will ingather details of your losses, any documents that we need to prove your case and will contact witnesses as soon as possible.

How long do I have to claim after the accident?

The time limit for settling a case is usually three years after the accident. However, in terms of the compulsory Scottish pre-action protocol your claim should be intimated as soon as possible.

No Win No Fee - Funding your Personal Injury claim

For clients who do not have the benefit of Legal Expense Insurance (“LEI”) we deal with claims on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning you pay nothing if your case is unsuccessful. Even if you have LEI there is no requirement for you to accept the solicitors chosen by your insurers. You have the right to “freedom of choice”  if you feel they do not have the expertise for your claim or even the right location.

Our experience has led to:

  • Helping thousands of people like you fight for justice
  • No Win No Fee claims 
  • Helping with Rehabilitation with specialist contacts
  • Securing over £20m for our clients in the last 18 months
  • 9 out of 10 customers would use us again and recommend us to friends & family based on client feedback

What can be included in my Claim?

We can claim compensation for any injury you suffer including, fracturesscarring, tinnitus and psychological trauma. You may also be able to claim for general out of pocket expenses, loss of earnings, care and assistance required and various other expenses.

When can I make a compensation claim?

  • If the accident was in the last three years
  • If someone else was at fault
  • If you have suffered injury and/or been off work as a result of the accident
  • If you are out of pocket for miscellaneous expenses 

Why use Harper Macleod for your claim?

We are personal injury experts and have one of the largest personal injury departments in Scotland with over 25 personal injury specialists covering the whole of Scotland, offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Thurso and Lerwick, and we offer a no win no fee. 

Call or enquire online for accident at work legal advice today

We provide a free initial consultation and you can contact us by filling out the claims form below with details of your accident/injury or:

Please don't provide anything sensitive here, like health details, or your credit card number

By completing this form you agree to Harper Macleod's Privacy Notice.

We're specialists you can trust

We are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and the Law Society of Scotland's Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme

Accredited Personal Injury Specialist (1)

Law Scotland Accredited Personal Injury (1)

Common accident at work questions

What types of accidents can my employer be at fault for?

Some common examples of when your Employer could be at fault include:

  • Was the machinery in a sufficient working order?
  • Were you supplied with the correct tools to carry out the task?
  • Did your injury occur due to you not having received training for the task you were involved in?
  • Did you require specific clothing for the task? If so, were you provided with them? Some examples of clothing required include goggles, gloves, boots, and ear protectors.
  • Did you trip due to the state of the flooring on a walkway?
  • Were you provided with equipment when working at height?
  • Was a risk assessment carried out for the task you were involved in?
  • Did your task require more than one person? If so, were you provided help from a fellow employee?
  • Did your employer keep manual handling to a minimum?

Can my employment be terminated due to my claim?

A common question is whether you can be made redundant due to your claim. Your claim for injury cannot be used as the reason for your redundancy.

If you are of the opinion that you have been made redundant due to your claim we can put you in touch with someone from our employment team to give you advice.

To find out more and to discuss your circumstances call us free on 0800 904 7777 to discuss your claim or fill out the form below and someone will be in contact with you soon.


What should I do if I have an accident at work?

If you are injured at work, you should always report your accident to your supervisor/manager. Also you should make sure the Accident Book is completed. This will ensure that your accident is recorded correctly and will avoid your Employer denying knowledge of any accident. It is also recommended that if anyone witnesses your accident you obtain their details in case they require to give a statement about the circumstances of your accident. If you are able to take a photograph of the cause of your accident this can be helpful. If any changes are implemented in your place of work following your accident, which would have prevented the accident, you should keep a note of these. For example machinery being fixed, or correct tools being provided.

Following your accident, if you think it may be your employer's fault Harper Macleod can give you legal advice. If we feel as your solicitor you have a claim then we will take on your claim and intimate it on your Employer. We will also explain the full process to you.

Accident At Work Claim


Why choose us?

You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.

Learn more

HM Insights

Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.

Learn more


We are one of Scotland's leading, most successful law firms but you don't have to take our word for it. Our performance has consistently been recognised by our peers.

Learn more