Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyers
Coronavirus advice for business
In order to give your business the breathing space it may require, we can assist with obtaining moratorium from action by creditors (including HMRC) through binding agreement or by the use of statutory moratorium processes.
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- How can a company protect its assets in the face of trading risk?
- Temporary suspension of statutory demand provisions - what does it mean for businesses and creditors?
- An overview of the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Act 2020
- Could light touch administration mean a light at the end of the tunnel for struggling businesses?
- How do landlords deal with the administration of a tenant?
- Should commercial landlords grant holiday, suspension or deferral for rent
- Coronavirus: changes to UK Insolvency law announced
- How to keep track of the most up-to-date, official coronavirus advice
- Coronavirus: update for businesses on Government support package
- Key contact
Gordon has over 25 years' restructuring, corporate recovery and insolvency experience. He advises banks and financial institutions, administrators and liquidators in large scale restructuring and insolvency assignments and supports some of the world’s top banks and financial institutions. View full profile.
Advising organisations and lenders across the UK
The restructuring & insolvency team at Harper Macleod combines technical excellence with service delivery of the highest standard to businesses and lenders in Scotland and elsewhere in the UK.
We have a wealth of knowledge in banking and finance transactions, property, debt and equity restructurings and insolvency processes.
Lenders and borrowers seek our advice to help them with a wide range of impaired asset solutions, including equity restructuring, property participation, security enhancement and security realisation.
Our approach is to work in partnership with our clients to develop and implement solutions through proactive discussion, innovative strategic analysis and robust, effective advice.
Where rescue, turnaround and restructuring is not possible, we advise on the duties and obligations of those in insolvency.
Creditors, whether secured or unsecured, need advice on securing and maximising their recovery from customers facing insolvency. Insolvency practitioners have a need for advice geared towards maximising the return to creditors.
Call us for free on 0330 159 5555 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.
Why choose us?
Our lead Partners have more than 50 years’ experience in large scale restructuring and insolvency assignments, and are among the leading practitioners in this area. We deliver pragmatic, commercial advice, based on detailed understanding across industry sectors to enable our clients to achieve the best results. We also work closely with other professionals throughout the UK on significant cross-border matters.
We provide advice on restructuring and insolvency related matters to clients including:
- Company directors
- Distressed companies
- Financially distressed individuals
- Insolvency practitioners
- Secured and unsecured creditors
We are experienced in advising in the following areas:
- Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVA)
- Debt recovery processes
- Debt rescheduling and refinancing
- Directors' duties
- Distressed debt trading and non performing loans
- Distressed M&A
- Distressed real estate lending and impaired asset solutions
- Equity and property participation
- Equity and property restructuring
- Formal insolvency processes and office holders conduct
- Insolvency litigation
- Insolvent assets and business sales and purchases
- Lender exit strategies
- Pre packaged solutions and disposals
- Security enhancement and realisation
Meet the restructuring & insolvency team
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.