The business of housing
Our Housing Team provides specialist advice to housing providers on every aspect of their business.
As Scotland’s largest law firm with a specialist housing practice, our multi-disciplinary team of lawyers provides the commercial and property advice to meet all of your needs. We have become trusted advisers to some of the UK’s largest housing providers by delivering innovative, practical and commercial solutions.
We work with a diverse range of organisations including private sector developers and investors, joint venture bodies and housing associations (find out more about our services in relation to social housing here).
Our team has been involved in many of the most innovative developments in the housing sector in recent years. We find solutions in areas including:
- Banking and housing finance, including new funding structures.
- Housing management and anti-social behaviour
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Management, acquisition and disposal of housing portfolios
- New housing development models
- Renewable energy projects
- Shared equity and consumer credit
- Shared equity schemes -including LIFT and Help to Buy (Scotland).
Meet the housing team
Related Business services
- Business law & contracts
- Entrepreneurs, growth & investment
- Banking & finance
- Construction & engineering
- Infrastructure & projects
- Renewable projects
- Community group projects
- Public sector
- Charities & social enterprise
- Information law
- Debt recovery
- Employment law for Employers
- Dispute resolution
- EU, regulatory & procurement
More from Harper Macleod
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.