Franchising Your Business
The franchising legal specialists
If you have an existing business and you are looking at expanding then franchising could be a great way to do so. You will need to take the necessary legal and business steps to ensure that your business is ready to franchise. Our dedicated franchising team can help guide you through this process.
Advising all aspects of the Franchising Strategy
We advise on all aspects of a franchising strategy, business format, and drafting the key documentation to formalise the franchise relationship. This includes, most importantly, the Franchise Agreement - the document which will regulate the relationship between you, the franchisor, and your franchisees. With our many years of expertise in franchising, we are able to guide you through all the legal aspects, as well as provide practical insights and guidance, to help you avoid or resolve potential pitfalls along the way.
Franchisor Support for new Franchisors
Our experienced franchising team is on hand to assist you with every part of the franchising journey. In addition to helping you draft the all-important franchise agreement, we can also:
- Assist with the registration and protection of your Trade Marks
- Draft and advise on any necessary ancillary documentation such as Confidentiality Agreements, Deposit Agreements and Trade Mark Licences
- Provide advice and assistance with expanding overseas through franchising
- Review your franchisee recruitment material to help you guard against any misrepresentation claims
- Make introductions to other specialists in the franchising industry, the franchise banks, and the wider franchise business community
Established Franchisor Support
With many years of experience in assisting well-established franchisors, ranging from international brands to local enterprises, we are able to advise and provide continuing support in the following areas.
- Reviewing and updating existing Franchise Agreements
- Drafting specialised Master and Area Development Franchise Agreements
- Advising you on franchise disputes
- Renewal, resale and termination of franchises
- Trademark infringement advice
How we can help
We offer a free initial consultation to anyone seeking franchise legal advice. We are always competitively priced, pleased to discuss costs with you and, where appropriate, will endeavour to agree a fixed fee for our involvement. David Kaye is also a British Franchise Association (BFA) Accredited Lawyer.
We're Always Here to Help
Our team is top-ranked for Franchising in Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession 2018, with lead Partner David Kaye ranked as a Band 1 Leader in the Field.
Call us for free on 0330 159 5555 or complete our online form below for legal advice or to arrange a call back.
More from Harper Macleod
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.