- Thursday, 22 September
- 9am to 3.30pm
- RBS Conference Centre, Gogarburn, Edinburgh
Opportunity Knocks is a collaborative event that brings together the best entrepreneurial talent, leading business experts and the wider eco-system. After successful events across the UK over the past two years, Scotland is its next stop!
The day will highlight key success stories of companies who have grown their business and know the challenges SMEs face providing insights on how to succeed.
We are Partners of the event, along with Royal Bank of Scotland, Entrepreneurial Spark, Angels Den, Crowdcube, and KPMG.
What does the day hold?
Delegates will hear from inspirational speakers (including Brian McGuire of Visioncall and Dougal Sharp of Innes and Gunn), see a live pitching competition, hear from a panel of experts and have the opportunity to attend a range of case study led educational seminars including Crowdfunding, Pitching, and Growth Finance for early stage businesses.
This event will be of valuable experience to entrepreneurs, as they get the chance to learn from a wide range of experts and build a network that can help fuel their high-potential growth for years to come.
It will also be a great chance for individuals to meet entrepreneurs and potentially create mentoring links with those who catch their eye. Entrepreneurs from a wide range of exciting businesses in many different industries can learn from those who have been successful in growing businesses - there is bound to be an opportunity to get involved with these start-up and high growth businesses.
In addition to learning from our keynote speakers, delegates will have the opportunity to quiz a panel, influencers from the Scotland Business Eco System on all things business including finance, leadership and building teams.
As part of the programme, we also have an interactive pitching competition for 5 of Scotland's best entrepreneurs, with a chance to win 'money can't buy prizes' donated by out corporate partners. The audience will become the judge for the day and decide their winner by text voting.
You will see the ecosystem in action in the exhibition and networking area over the breaks and lunch - you will have the opportunity to learn about the support available for start-up and growing businesses as well as help entrepreneurs validate their products and services!
Book your place now
To make sure you don't miss out on Opportunity Knocks, visit the Eventbrite booking site to reserve your space.
- 9am – Arrival, breakfast and networking
- 9.30am – Introduction and welcome
- 9.40am – Setting the scene: the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- 9.50am – Business success story
- 10.10am – Investor Insight (from a successful entrepreneur turned investor)
- 10.35am – Panel Q&A on Funding
- 11.15am – Piranha Pit: The Before 11.30am – Break – networking and exhibition
- 12 noon – Living Pitching Competition
- 12.50pm – Lunch, networking and exhibition, Speed Mentoring
- 1.40pm – Piranha Pit: The After
- 1.55pm – Educational seminars (get to attend 2x30minute sessions)
- (topics: Crowdfunding; Pitch Perfect; Growth Finance)
- 3pm – Results of Pitching Competition and reflections
- 3.30pm – Event close