The family law team here at Harper Macleod have noticed an increase in approaches from individuals considering separation, and who want to discuss how the pandemic has affected their family life. Research shows that people tend to consult a solicitor before seeking counselling or family therapy.
The dynamics that play in relationships can be responsible for the breakdown of a relationship but also impact upon how the process of separation and divorce unfolds. Our Head of Family Law, Amanda Masson, explores these topics in conversation with Myra Eadie, family therapist, looking at:
- How the lockdown has affected family dynamics
- The emotional impact of separation
- The decision making process
- The value of taking a holistic approach to separation
- How taking timely advice from a family lawyer can ease the worries arising from separation
- Advice for individuals considering separation on managing the emotional impact
Get in touch
The family team at Harper Macleod are well versed in all aspects of family law, including divorce, separation, financial provision, child contact and residence, child relocation, protective orders and domestic abuse, adoption, surrogacy, and fertility law. Many of our team are trained in various methods of dispute resolution, including mediation and collaborative practice, and are Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as specialists in their field. Head of Family Law Amanda Masson holds the COSCA qualification in Counselling Skills.
- Glasgow Office call 0141 227 9545
- Edinburgh Office call 0131 247 2556
- Inverness & Highlands Office call 01463 795 035
- Shetland Office call 01595 480 759
- Elgin Office call 01343 542 623