Figures from the recently released NatWest British Franchise Association Survey 2018 show that franchising is now a major factor in business growth in the UK and these numbers are set to keep on growing. Franchising contributes an estimated £17 billion to the UK economy per year, with 935 franchise systems in operation and more than 48,600 individual franchise units - the highest number ever recorded.
These are great statistics, particularly when you combine them with the fact that there are an estimated 710,000 people employed in franchising in the UK and 93% of franchisees claim to be profitable even during this time of economic uncertainty.
The Survey also highlighted the impact of female entrepreneurs and the under-30s is driving the sector forward.
Get in touch with our Team
For all your Franchising needs you can view, download and save our new helpful Franchising Team Contacts Sheet. View our contacts for:
- Franchising Contracts & Advice - David Kaye, Fiona Strang and Jennifer Sillars
- Corporate & Commercial - Paula Skinner and Craig McKerracher
- Dispute Resolution - Carolyn Morgan, E-Ming Fong and Andrew Mackenzie
- Real Estate - Paul Greenhill, Kathryn Black and Nigel Eccles
- Intellectual Property & Trademarks - Scott Kerr and Jennifer Murphy
- Employment law - Lorna Davis