The Employment Tribunal Experience
Monday 27 November 2017
9.15am for 9.45am registration (with coffee & pastries)
Ends at 1pm
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, 5-21 Grosvenor Street, Edinburgh, EH12 5EF
Following the abolition of tribunal fees the number of claims is expected to rise substantially. When preparing for a tribunal hearing, it can be hard to get all the ducks in a row. HR and in-house legal practitioners often have the task of coordinating with witnesses, external representatives, and senior managers. Giving convincing guidance can be more difficult when you have spent limited time seeing cases played out in the tribunal room. So how might this event help?
- Hear a former employment judge and QC give a view from the bench
- Get a wing member's perspective on their fact finder's role
- Hear from the insights of an instructing witness who has sat at the witness table and coordinated her fellow witnesses
Together our speakers will help with the following questions…
- What can I expect in a tribunal hearing?
- What is the role of the judge and wing members?
- How can I help witnesses to be prepared for the hearing – what should and shouldn’t they be doing?
- How can I help to ensure the case runs smoothly?
- What sorts of things might assist the decision-makers and what might cause difficulties?
Following the four presentations, there will be an informal Q&A session when the panel will welcome your questions and any of your own comments.
Book your place
You can book your place at the event by contacting Stacey Smith on the following contact information or by filling out our event form below:
tel: 0141 227 9631
Why choose us?
You don't need a lawyer - not many law firms will tell you that. What you need is someone to provide a solution, and our advisors are dedicated and flexible enough to do just that.
Visit the HM Insights page to keep up to date with changes to legislation, case law, and our views on other interesting developments in Scotland and the UK.
Personal legal services
With one of Scotland's largest teams dealing with personal legal matters, we have specialist knowledge for every stage of your life - from buying a house to protecting your assets.