Would you like to work in an environment where you can see the benefits your solutions bring? We are recruiting for a Software/Database Developer to support the business by analysing requirements and by designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence (BI) and management information (MI) solutions.
The role will report to the Operations Director and cover all of our offices (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Lerwick, Elgin and Inverness, with a total headcount of approximately 400 in total).
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: sharing the stresses, celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your clients. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work with the business and clients to analyse requirements and reporting needs.
- Develop database, BI and MI solutions including dashboards, reports, queries etc.
- Working with the team to gather requirements, design and deliver solutions, to support the firm and our users.
- Ensuring the database estate is maintained, optimised and remains secure.
- Transform in-house data warehouses as we replace key financial systems over next 18 months.
- Sharing knowledge to help provide well rounded training for apprentices.
- Contribute to IT projects as and when required.
- BI development experience ideally using Microsoft BI tools (SSRS, SSIS & SSMS).
- SQL Server database development and support skills.
- Data Warehousing and Data Modelling (Dimensional & Relational).
- ETL Process Design & Development.
- SQL Database maintenance & security.
- Web report development experience ideally using Logi Info.
- Some NET knowledge would also be beneficial (C#, ASP.NET etc.).
- Microsoft Visual Studio / SS Data Tools.
Let your ambitions and ours go hand in hand
Harper Macleod’s culture is the sum of the actions of the people who make up our business – it’s built around taking calculated risks and pushing for innovative solutions.
You know that doing things the right way is always the best way – the right things for clients, colleagues and our communities. We will never compromise on this.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2020. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, an active colleague engagement & CSR programme and the opportunity to develop your career.
We believe the best is yet to come for Harper Macleod. If this sounds like the type of firm you’d like to be part of, maybe the best is yet to come for you?
To apply please send your CV and current salary details to Rona Cargill, HR Director.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
times Scottish Law firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.