Harper Macleod, one of Scotland’s most progressive law firms, is looking for a legal secretary to provide full secretarial and administrative support across a number of different areas of law. This role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of the continued growth of the largest law firm with a base in Inverness and would suit a secretary looking for their next move, or an administrator looking to step up
- Client and matter opening, and assisting lawyers to complete their client due diligence
- Liaising with lawyers to identify their work commitments and prioritise work accordingly
- Diary Management including booking travel and internal and external meetings
- Audio and copy typing
- Producing PowerPoint presentations, organisational charts, mail merges, Excel spreadsheets
- Handle client telephone enquiries in a polite & professional manner within the agreed timescales.
- General administration
- Participate in ad hoc projects
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process Managing production of documents
- Submission of registration forms
- Managing production of documents
- Reception cover on an ad-hoc basis
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Experience of dealing directly with clients by telephone
- Legal Secretarial experience (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to use initiative
- Attention to detail
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your clients. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2022. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, an active colleague engagement & CSR programme and the opportunity to develop your career.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
times Scottish Law firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.