We are looking for an experienced legal secretary to join our successful family law team. Our specialists deliver a complete range of family law services to individuals and families including advising upon: separation, financial provision on divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships, child contact and residence disputes including immigration, international child abduction and relocation, cohabitation and pre-nuptial agreements. The team also provide all methods of dispute resolution including mediation and collaborative practice.
- Liaising with lawyers to identify their work commitments and prioritise work accordingly
- Diary management including booking travel and internal and external meetings
- Audio and copy typing
- Producing PowerPoint presentations, organisational charts, mail merges, Excel spreadsheets
- Handling client telephone enquiries in a polite & professional manner within the agreed timescales
- Participating in ad hoc projects
- Assisting lawyers in the billing and credit control process
- General administration
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Experience of dealing directly with clients by telephone
- Legal Secretarial experience within a litigation environment – both Sheriff Court and Court of Session
- Legal Secretarial experience within a Family Law environment is essential
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to use initiative
- Attention to detail
Let your ambitions and ours go hand in hand
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your clients. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2022. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, active colleague engagement, social, wellbeing, sustainability and CSR programmes and the opportunity to develop your career.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
times Scottish Law firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.