An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join our team. We are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve, develop their own skills and the skills of the team, along with the service provided to all colleagues.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Manager and proactively lead a customer-focussed Service Desk team of four colleagues who are responsible for the provision of a professional Service Desk. They will be required to prioritise the team’s day-to-day working practices, balancing the demanding competing user needs, whilst ensuring continuous service improvement.
The successful candidate will liaise with the Infrastructure team escalating tickets where required. This is a key role in the delivery of high quality IT services within Harper Macleod and would be suited to someone with experience in supervising a team or ready to take the next step in their career.
Hours: 35 hours per week across three shift patterns 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm (there will, on occasion, be a requirement for out of hours and weekend work)
- Provide a professional point of contact to all those using the services providing guidance, resolution or escalation for issues/enquiries as appropriate
- Attend regular ITSM meetings and be the conduit between the Service Desk team and other parts of IT
- Support the IT Technicians allocating workload and monitoring progression
- Report on team Service Level Agreements, including trend analysis
- Maintain and communicate policy and procedural changes to the team
- Work on multi-functional projects implementing and supporting from a Service Desk viewpoint
- Manage user issues to resolution, escalating as appropriate
- Assist IT Technicians when dealing with difficult situations, taking ownership if required
- Observe and influence the development of customer care skills within the team, leading by example and training as required
- Take personal responsibility for service delivery
- With guidance from the IT Manager undertake line management of the team including day to day performance, conduct, absence etc
- Ensure regular team and individual meetings happen as appropriate
- Ensure that all actions are documented and progressed until completion
- Highlight any individual or team training/knowledge gaps that may exist and work with senior members of the team to address/resolve
- Ensure knowledge and documentation is created and maintained
- Maintain good personal awareness of industry developments
- Promote good and efficient working practices in the use of IT
Skills and experience
- Suitable experience and/or a recognised computing qualification such as ITIL
- Strong knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels with PC users, Partners, directors, clients and suppliers; both in writing and verbally
- Ability to make sound decisions in difficult and time restricted situations
- Ability to prioritise own work and that of others
- Ability to manage and respond to reactive work
- Appreciation of and ability to learn all technical aspects of the role
- Working experience of Incident, Request and Problem Management
- Knowledge of IT Security and its importance
Let your ambitions and ours go hand in hand
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your clients. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2022. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, active colleague engagement, social, wellbeing, sustainability and CSR programmes and the opportunity to develop your career.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
times Scottish Law firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.