Records Manager, Glasgow
Records management plays an important role in our business and we are recruiting for a Records Manager, reporting to the Operations Director.
The main focus of this role is meeting legal obligations for the creation and retention of paper and electronic records; maintaining operational efficiency and cost control by ensuring availability of records and by controlling the volume of records created and stored; and helping to define and promote records management best practice in all areas of the firm.
You will be involved in the following areas:
- Overseeing the management of electronic and paper-based information throughout the firm
- Analysing record-management related business processes, seeking continual improvements in systems, processes & procedures, and identifying appropriate resources.
- Working with Information Security Manager, Data Protection Officer, department heads and all those associated with risk and compliance to manage and maintain the firm's records management schedules, including retention and destruction rules and classification schemes
- Working closely with suppliers who provide off-site storage services and on-site mailroom, filing, archiving and retrieval services to ensure service levels are met
- Managing the data archive / destruction process
- Recording and managing record availability incidents.
- Assisting with records management related queries throughout the firm at all levels
- Researching and advising on legal and regulatory matters related to records management, often relating to data protection matters
- Ensuring records management rules, policies and procedures comply with regulatory requirements, client requirements and the needs of the business.
- Providing internal training and guidance.
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer with data mapping
- Working with others to help implement and maintain a clear desk policy
- Ensuring records management is appropriately considered and tested in Business Continuity
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of the rules around data protection, information security and other related legal and regulatory matters
- Experience in dealing with professionals at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and which has delivered long-term growth in turnover and profitability.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will bring exciting challenges and opportunities for everyone involved.
To apply please send a CV and current salary details to Rona Cargill, HR Director
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.