Information Security Officer, Glasgow
Information security is a cornerstone of our business and plays an important role as we continue to grow. We are recruiting for an Information Security Officer, reporting to the Operations Director / Information Security Manager.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Information Security Manager and Data Protection Officer in ensuring the appropriate level of protection and conformance with Information Security and Data Protection legislation is maintained.
You will be involved in the following areas:
- Development and documentation of information security procedures
- Logging all information security incidents
- Responding appropriately to all information security incidents
- Providing reports as and when required
- Developing and providing internal training, awareness and communication on information security, data protection, privacy and business continuity
- Co-ordinating internal information security audit & testing
- Assisting with subject access requests and other requests from individuals in relation to data
- Assisting different parts of the business to create and test Business Continuity plans.
- Assisting Information Security Manager and different departments with information security risk assessments, privacy impact assessments and business continuity risk assessments.
- Applying system access controls where appropriate
- Provide support, advice and guidance on information security throughout the firm at all levels
- General administration relating to information security and data protection
This role is suitable for a graduate with a relevant qualification in risk management, information security, information governance or similar; an individual with experience in a similar role; or a legally trained person seeking a career in risk management.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Broad knowledge of information security and other relevant disciplines including data protection and privacy.
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications
- A qualification in risk management, information security, information governance, or other relevant qualification / or at least 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and which has delivered long-term growth in turnover and profitability. Our information security management system has been certified against the standards of ISO 27001:2013 since 2015.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will bring exciting challenges and opportunities for everyone involved.
To apply please send a CV and current salary details to Rona Cargill, HR Director
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.