From our offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Elgin and Shetland our Commercial Property team is one of the largest teams of experienced property lawyers in Scotland, advising clients of all sizes across the private, public and third sector across a wide range of commercial property matters
We are recruiting for an office based administrator to support this busy team. Experience would be an advantage but we are willing to train and develop the right individual into the role.
The role will involve:
- Dealing with incoming mail (collection, opening, sorting, scanning, storing)
- Dealing with outgoing mail (enveloping, preparing forms)
- Document production (printing, collating, marking up documents for signing)
- Filing (Sorting, making up files, maintaining cabinets)
- Dealing with setting up new clients and matters on systems
- Creating fee notes
- Liaising with finance department on incoming and outgoing funds
- General administration
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure, often with short notice
- Ability to use initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working with data or creating content
Let your ambitions and ours go hand in hand
At Harper Macleod you’ll be part of a collective effort that is never satisfied: celebrating the successes and inspiring one another to always improve. You want to deliver extraordinary results for your clients. We want to deliver extraordinary opportunities for you, and encourage you to make a difference.
Harper Macleod’s culture is the sum of the actions of the people who make up our business – it’s built around taking calculated risks and pushing for innovative solutions.
You know that doing things the right way is always the best way – the right things for clients, colleagues and our communities. We will never compromise on this.
We also embrace flexibility – including when and where our people work.
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and ranked in The Times Scotland Best Law Firms 2022. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, an active colleague engagement & CSR programme and the opportunity to develop your career.
We believe the best is yet to come for Harper Macleod
To apply please send your CV to Rona Cargill, HR Director –
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.
times Scottish Law Firm of the Year
Team of specialists across all legal disciplines
Offices throughout the United Kingdom
Here with you, here for you
As one of Scotland's leading full service law firms, Harper Macleod has specialists across all legal disciplines, covering every service you are likely to need in both your professional and personal life. We offer a complete range of legal services for business, individuals & families, the public sector, and the modern rural economy in Scotland, the UK and beyond.